Posted Under: Driving while Texting,Email Best Practices,Email Overload
How many times have you checked your email, only to find a problem that you couldn’t act upon or manage at that moment?
How many times have you check that PDA just before bed, only to see something that subsequently disturbed your sleep – again because you were up too late to call or fix it?
How many times have you snuck a peak at your Blackberry during a meeting that you couldn’t respond to, yet distracted you from the meeting?
Yes, I know -ALL too many!
Well, here’s the tip of the day… STOP checking email when you know you can’t immediately handle that new found problem that just graced your inbox!
This is one of the most simple tips we can think of that will help you with your stress levels. The challenge is that it takes discipline to resist your anticipation of new-found treasure, which just new found stress.
So, here are a few hints:
- Don’t check email right before bed or a well deserved nap
- Don’t check email as you are going out the door on a hot date or family outing
- Put the PDA away during meetings
- Stop checking your iPhone while driving
- And for gosh’s sake, don’t check that Blackberry just before its your turn on the golf course!
Any other suggestions?